Thursday, June 22, 2006

New sounds

Greetings, friends and well-wishers. I have finally gotten my bootay together and have made many copies of the new mix, plus the first one. If anyone wants one or both, please send me an e-mail, and I would be much obliged. Photos of both covers are below.

einpartay

setone


Keeping in line with my ongoing quest to be 21st Century, I will be uploading the mixes onto a server so that you, and you, and you can access them with the click of a mouse. Wow! That way, you won't have to wait around for me to mail you an actual cd.. . which can take a while.

Thank you to everyone who attended my birthday par-tay. I was worried the courtyard was going to collapse there were so many people. Apologies for the technical difficulties. The good news is that I have a new amp and will be getting new speakers, so that the next soiree in July, will be complete with canned and LIVE tunes by yours truly.

I'm already working on a new mix, alternately wanting it done but also taking my time. I am unhappy with many mixes I hear, as they are too flat, too monotone and lacking any dynamics. Making a mix of ALL minimal techno is interesting on an intellectual level, but in execution, it proves to be a bit of a bore to listen to. So, because this is so (in my book), I will attempt to produce something snappy, full of peaks, valleys, dips and dives.

In case you haven't been reading the news, the Senate has voted against setting a deadline for pullout from Iraq. George Bush is still stumping for a ban on gay marriage. And Howard Dean went on the 700 Club and told Pat Robetson that the Democratic Party's official platform on gay marriage is that marriage is between a man and a woman, which, in actuality, isn't the Party platform. Meanwhile, 1 out of 2 straight marriages continue to end in divorce.

And I've got an idea! Let's blame the whole thing on. . . WITCHCRAFT!

peace + love + huevos rancheros

John

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D nice Blog John...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home